Friday, August 25, 2006

 

Give a man a fish, feed him for a Day

Teach him how to fish, feed him for life.

I picked off 14 out of 14 baseball games to kick off my MLB gambling bing.
I nailed the weekend in which every team from Ohio would lose against the spread.
I hit parlay after parlay here.
I pounded the NFL last season.
I squashed the NBA.
I kicked ass on college basketball.

What do I know about sports. Damn near nothing.

We aint playing baseball, we aint play football here., and I aint no basketball player. I am a gambler, just like you.

Why so many gamblers fail to understand that they are going up against a free thinking machine - The Las Vegas Sports book is beyond me. Be we are. We all are.

Las Vegas's goal is not to call the game. It's their goall to call the line that puts money into their pockets.

Human nature is a powerful thing.

Stick 500 hundred people in a room that want to bet on a sporting event they now nothing about (Olympic betting) and if the spread on the game is 2½. 400 of these people will bet the favor. (That's right I kicked ass on the Olympics too!!!)

If their home town team wins against the spread 2 times in a row. These folks will bet with a predictability that can be bet on.

If a man loses once, does he up his bet to get his money back. Or cut his bet because he is on a losing streak?

If a man wins once, does he protect his winnings. Or does he let it roll?

If a man loses 10 times in a row. Does he have any money to bet with?

Who is in Vegas today?

Who will be there next week?

What is the buzz on the local radio stations?

Human nature is a powerful thing. When you learn how to second guess how human nature is manipulating the betting pools. You will be able to second guess who Vegas wants to win and who they want to lose. It is myth that the line splits the betting pool down the center. Open your mind on how this cat and mouse game between the gambler and the bookie is played. Because Vegas sure knows.

Despite my record. I got just 6 hard core followers. 3 of you work for the government - Including the Department of Treasury (amazing what an IP address can tell you). I am done placing actual wagers on the web. But before I go let me say this. If I were a gambler I would place the following bets next weekend

Next weeks College Football

North Texas at Texas North Texas +41
Vanderbelt at Michigan Vanderbelt +26
Akron at Penn State Akron +17
Marshall at West Virginia Marshall +22
California at Tennessee California +1 1/2
Northern Illinois at Ohio State Northern Illinois +18 1/2
Stanford at Oregon Oregon -12
Southern Miss at Florida Southern Miss +20
LA Lafayette at LSU LA Lafayette +30 1/2
TCU at Baylor TCU -7 ½

Parlay Odds at Nine (check side bar for banner)
2 Teams Pay 13/5
3 Teams Pay 6/1
4 Teams Pay 11/1
5 Teams Pay 27/1
6 Teams Pay 48/1
7 Teams Pay 100/1
8 Teams Pay 200/1
9 Teams Pay 300/1
10 Teams Pay 500/1

Or 5 Dimes pay-offs (checkout banner)

2 13/5
3 6/1
4 12.28/1
5 24.35/1
6 47.41/1
7 91.42/1
8 175.44/1

Or try Intertops (checkout banner on the right)

2 Teams Pay 13/5
3 Teams Pay 6/1
4 Teams Pay 12/1
5 Teams Pay 24/1
6 Teams Pay 48/1
7 Teams Pay 91/1
8 Teams Pay 175/1
9 Teams Pay 335/1
10 Teams Pay 641/1

Don't forget Oasis

2 Teams Pay 13/5
3 Teams Pay 6/1
4 Teams Pay 13/1
5 Teams Pay 20/1
6 Teams Pay 40/1
7 Teams Pay 75/1
8 Teams Pay 100/1
9 Teams Pay 150/1
10 Teams Pay 300/1

In order to win big you may have to spread your money around. But it is possible to win over a year's pay by wagering one days pay. You folks that have followed me know I have a knack for knowing when to go for the kill.


Collecting a years pay can be a serious problem. Not becaue the books won't pay - THEY WILL. Your bank by law must report any deposit over $10,000 to th IRS. Many banks keep records of $5,000 deposit. Play it safe and keep the deposits under $3,000? I trick I like to do is wire the money into the bank account in intervels that are the exact same as my weekly pay check. Keeping all that money in far off foreing countries might be a bit nerve racking. I suggest you open a Firepay account (A Canadian Company) make your deposit from Firepay into the sportbooks. Then you can withdrawal the money from the books back into Firepay. From Firepay you can then make a direct deposit into your bank account. A nice feature of Firepay is the sportbooks can pay you on a Sunday.

Now all this may be a bit much. You might just want to join me in Las Vegas for the weekend.


p.s. Despite having an awsome record. Sometime I out think myself and lose every bet I place. There is a reason why i like parlays. Protection from the slaughter is reason number one.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]